Tuesday 13 November 2007

DCM - Getting Corrugated

On DCM this week it was Jo's turn to set the dare. She came up with this....

I seem to have developed a little bit of a fixation with old cardboard boxes....! My dare this week is to use some corrugated card on your card - it could be corrugated craft card or an old box etc. taken to pieces :) You could make the card blank from it or die cut shapes etc...

I came up with this....



The flowers were cut two at a time (ribbed sides together) with a Sizzix die on my Big Shot and them painted with silver, copper and gold metallic acrylic paints. The plant pot is actually a Sizzix parcel, minus the bow. The stems are spiralled and flattened wire. Greeting was a Penny Black stamp and black Stazon and the edges of the card lightly inked with a light brown.

4 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Great card loved how you used the ribbed card ,Dawnx

Kathy said...

I love this - the metallic colours look wonderful and the twirly wire looks fab

Rhi said...

I Love the metalic finish, fantastic. How clever to cut two at the same time with the ribbed sides together, I wondered how your ribbles weren't crushed, fab tip!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin