Sunday 21 March 2010

Rebekah's birthday blog hop - Tea bag holder

Hello everyone!  Hopefully you've arrived from my blog from Fabi's blog on your round trip for Rebekah's Birthday Blog Hop!  There has been some truly AMAZING work so far, hasn't there?

I have so many new blogs that I'm now following as I'm totally blown away by the talent I've seen so far on this hop.

I've decided to show you how to make a Tea Bag Holder which is a lovely little gift to send to a friend, and really easy to make too!

So, here we go...

Cut two pieces of cardstock as follows:
3 1/2" by 6 3/4"
1" by 8 1/2"

Cut three pieces of patterned paper as follows:
6 1/2" by 5 1/2"
3 1/4" by 2 3/4"
3 1/2" x 3/4"
(I've rounded the corners of the two smaller pieces)

Punch your decoration for the belly band (I used a 3" punch)
I also punched another 3" circle from thin card to back the paper sentiment.
Ribbon - approx 8" in length.

Score the 6 3/4" by 3 1/2" cardstock at 3 1/8" and 3 5/8" along the longest (6 3/4") length and crease using a bone folder.

Score a line at 1/2" and at 3" along the longest (6 1/2") side of your patterned paper and crease using a bone folder.

Apply double sided tape to the 1/2" strip of paper - patterned side.
Fold the paper in half and stick down firmly.

Score lines at 2 1/2" and at 3" along the longest side of your folded patterned paper and crease using a bone folder.


Using a 1" circle punch, punch a half circle in the centre of each of the short sides of the folded, patterned papers.

Apply double sided tape down the centre and below each of the two half circle punched shapes of the patterned paper.

Align and adhere the patterned paper in the centre of the cardstock cover.

Using a hole punch, punch two holes approx 1" from each side through the centre sectiton of the tea bag holder.


Thread with ribbon from the inside and knot on the outside.

Taking the belly band strip (1" x 8 1/2") crease as follows;
2 3/4"
3"
6 1/2"
6 3/4"
Set the creases using a bone folder.

Apply double sided tape to the OUTSIDE of the shorter length and the INSIDE of the longer length, fold over and secure, making sure that you fold it into a rectangle that is 1/4" in height as it needs to slip over the tea bag holder.

Decorate the belly band using the smallest strip 3 1/2" x 3/4" of patterned paper.
Stick the plain punched 3" circle to the inside front of the belly band and then stick the punched sentiment tag to the outside front.  Decorate as necessary.  (I find that by sticking a plain card circle on the inside and the sentiment on the outside that it slides over the holder much easier).

Slip a couple of tea bags (I love the Twinings teabags that are individually wrapped) into the pockets inside the tea bag holder.  Alternatively you can put one teabag into one pocket and make a little gift tag to put in the other.

 The perfect little pressie to send to a friend!  Alternatively take it with you with a couple of cupcakes.  Brew up, eat up and have a natter!

For everyone that leaves a comment on my blog here linking to their own creation, I'll pick a winner on 31st March to receive a pack of goodies from me that will include my tea bag holder and some lovely crafting treats!

From here you want to hop on over to the lovely Audrey's Blog for the next round of fun!

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

I absolutely love this Rosie! Thank you so much for taking part in the hop. I'm def going to be having a go at this x

Anonymous said...

Love this! Bookmarking this for later!! Thanks x

misteejay said...

This is so cute - thanks for sharing.

Toni :o)

elina said...

this is soooo cute, i would love to receive tea invitations that way!!! thanx for sharing i will definitely try it!

Jimjams said...

This is so neat an clever - straight into my bookmarks for future gifts ... THANK YOU for sharing!

Kelly Massman said...

Very cute project!!
P.S. Loved that little doggie layout! Cute pup, too!

Nic said...

Love this - so cute and a great gift to give, will definitely be making one of these at some point in the future :-)

hlcarroll said...

Wow, I love this tea bag holder! I have tried these before but never been very successful so I will have to try it out again! Hannah xx

Maria McPherson said...

This is just gorgeous! I need more time to play!!!!!
Maria xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin