Saturday 4 August 2007

Just another birthday...... albeit a 40th!

A really good friend of mine will shortly be celebrating her 40th. She'll be celebrating in style with a 'grown up' kids party - bouncy castle, bucking bronco etc.

To help her remember how old she'll be, I made her this...



I wanted a fairly simple colour theme, so I've gone for white, pink and black. The pink card is DCWV white core card, but I've not distressed it to show that off. I've used black organza ribbon and pink rik-rak. The blooms are Bazzil bling, Angel bloom and one I've cut with a Sizzix die. The centre is pink felt, all fastened together with a bling brad. The words are hand cut and edged with silver. Three pink buttons are tied with black thread to finish.

6 comments:

Rika said...

Really pretty!

Kaz said...

Hey hun,finally catching up on my fav blogs. Love all the cards and projects you've been doing while I've not been around, well done you!!

So Sonya said...

That card is stunning!

mum-on-the-run said...

Lovely card Rosie!!

The party sounds fab, and how kind of you to help her remember how old she is :D

Alhambra Club said...

Great color combination, really nice card.

Leigh said...

gorgeous card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin