Monday 27 August 2007

DCM - Who's pushing your buttons?

Over at the DCM blog we have the latest challenge which was set by Keryn as follows:

I know you've all got buttons stashed away somewhere, whether they've been purchased at a cardmaking store or you thriftily snipped them off DH's old shirt. I'd like you to find those buttons and use them somewhere on a card. They can be real buttons, craft shop buttons, die cut buttons, faux buttons or another type of button, surprise us all.


Using a white hammered card base, I used some free Junkitz papers that I got free with a magazine recently, cutting on the wavy line to add effect. Buttons were from my stash that I used to make a flower, stem and leaf. Added a few buttons down the left hand side, again to emphasise the patterns in the paper. Journalled some words in colour and black.

I've really missed doing the challenges these last few weeks, so have decided to set myself the challenge to catch up.... I only have the Frilly Bits and the Dot, dot, dot, dash, dash, dash challenges to do now. I'm off to upload my other cards now.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

This is fab - you are way more generous with your buttons than I am that's for sure! Love the stripey edgy bordery thingie! :-)

Lynne said...

Fab, bright and funky card.

Thanks for joining in the fun.

Andrea, said...

Great card, love how you have used the buttons.

Di W said...

Great use of buttons Rosie!! I'm the same as Kathy and tend to be stingy in using them!

Kaz said...

Ooo this cards scrummy, but I'm stingy too with buttons!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin