Friday 14 November 2008

Sadness...

Today we had some very sad news, my uncle (mum's younger brother) passed away this morning. Cancer is such an awful disease and sadly Uncle Ray lost his battle against it.

I feel so sad for my mum, as her and dad were due to go and see him today after he was discharged from hospital yesterday afternoon to spend his final days at home. They had decided not to go over last night as he would understandably be too tired after the move back home, instead choosing to go at lunchtime today. Unfortunately he lost his battle at 8.30 this morning. Mum will now never have that chance to say her final goodbye to her younger brother.

It has brought home the reality to me that we only have a finite time with the families that we love. I am lucky enough to still have both of my parents; something that my husband doesn't have anymore. Our two children have two very loving grandparents who they both totally adore.

God Bless and rest in peace Uncle Ray. You will be sadly missed. Once again in the company of your own parents and older brother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear your sad news Rosie. all our love from Newcastle to you and your family.
xx

Anonymous said...

Such sad news for you all, especially your Mum. Please give her my love and you are all in our thoughts XXX

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin