Sunday 29 July 2007

DCM - All Checked Out

This week's challenge was set by Jane as follows:

Well Hello !! Friday has come round again soooo fast ! Its my turn (Jane) to dare this week. Okay -are you ready ? For my dare you can choose any theme for the card BUT it must incorporate 'Checks', whether it be gingham paper or ribbon or squares, any thing really as long as it incorporates some kind of shape with 4 equal sides....... so go on- I dare you to think outside the square/step out of the box ..............easy as, eh ?!!

I wanted to make a bright and sunny card to try and send those awful black rain clouds away that have been around all too much recently. All of the papers were from my bits and bobs box. I cut the flowers with the Sizzix 'Paper Sculpting, Daisy' die. The only other thing I added were 3 buttons, some thread, 3 small Prima flowers, 3 gems and a rubber stamp. Added to this were a little bit of doodling just to finish.

9 comments:

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love this card Rosie - fabulous!

Andrea, said...

Lovely card, very bright and cheerful

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card Rosie, love the flowers and great use of the check :)

Classroomfree said...

Great card, I am having a "green" phase at the moment so that card pleases my current mood *grin*

Lythan said...

This card is lovely Rosie - I like the zing of the gingham grass!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Really brignt & cheerful, love it.

Kathy said...

aaaah oooohhhh, lovely card Rosie, love the colours, the checks, the layering

Angelnorth said...

You succeeded with the bright and sunny, Rosie - this is a really cheery-looking card. Lovely!

Melissa said...

OOOHHHH how fab is that then!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin