Saturday 16 April 2011

Growing up.... too fast!

I came across this picture of my daughter that I took in September last year this evening and decided that it was screaming out to be scrapped, so I converted it into black & white, printed it out and created a layout.

What's so scary is that she was only 9 3/4 when it was taken.. not even 10 years old!  (I know that I'm biased) but she's going to be stunningly beautiful when she grows up.  I really pity any young man that comes 'sniffing' round her in years to come as they've got to get past her dad!

I created the sentiment on the photo by stamping onto Letraset Safmat before applying to the bottom right hand corner of the picture.  The Pink Paislee rub ons are metallic silver and have such a fantastic shine to them that really picks up the light beautifully.  I've accented the flowers across the bottom with silver brads to continue the shine on the page.


Creative Ingredients:
Black Bazzill cardstock - Silver metallic rub ons; Pink Paislee - Alphas; Woodware & Adornit - Punched leaves; Woodware & X-Cut - Flowers; Prima - Ribbon flower handmade - Button - Brads - Stamp; Unity Stamps - Letraset Safmat

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is stunning and yes your daughter is so beautiful!!! What a gorgeous layout. One that will be always treasured I am sure!
Alicia xx

Ren-Yi said...

I love love this layout. sometimes i find the contract of black and white too stark, but this is just perfect. Love every detail from the delicate lace to the thickets and the beautiful framing of the photo. Well done, my dear!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin