I've got another quick savoury recipe to share with you today. A fave in our house or even caravan if we're away and really quick & easy to make too. Let me share it with you. You will need:
1 1/4lbs potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large onion
1 pack (about 1lb) Cumberland / Lincolnshire sausages
3tbs olive oil
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
salt & pepper to taste
8oz mushrooms (optional)
3/4 pint beef or onion gravy
Oven temperature 190C / Gas Mark 5
Ok then, lets get those ingredients prepped:
1. Peel your potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces. (oops! forgot to photograph them). Place them in cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Slice your onions.
3. Crush your garlic.
4. Gently fry your sausages until browned all round, remove and set aside.
5. Add a little oil into the pan that you cooked your sausages in and fry for 4-5 minutes until starting to become transparent. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Drain your potatoes and add them to the onions and garlic with the paprika.
7. Stir to coat well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
8. Cut each sausage into 3 diagonally (only because it makes them look nicer!) and then add them to the pan. Season and mix well.
9. Pour the potato and sausage mixture into an ovenproof dish and pour the gravy over the top. Mix gently to coat.
10. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes until the sausages are cooked through.
11. Serve with steamed carrots or broccolli.
Enjoy, and if you do follow my recipe and like the result, please return and leave me a comment.