Monday 28 January 2008

Daring Card Makers Catch Up

Playing catch up now my mojo has returned home!

Hide and Seek
Hi there, It's me, Kathy, here to set the challenge this week. Okay, for my dare we're heading to the playground for a game of Hide & Seek I'd like you to make a card which has a hidden component of some sort.
The hidden part could be a tag, a concealed photo, message or something along those lines, maybe a pull-out or pop-up.
Anything goes as long as there's something extra for the recipient to find on your card that's not immediately visible when they open the envelope.

I made this card in time for the dare but never uploaded it. Yep! It's got peel-offs which I absolutely HATE with a passion, but as it's for my friend who'll be 65 soon I actually thought they'd go quite well (So hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way!!) There is a little message on the back of the tag to her. I'm being very good at the mo as this is all made using stash. The paper I have had so long that I haven't a clue where it came from. The hearts and the flower are embellished with a little dimensional glaze to give it the raised effect.



Sending in the Substitute
Today's Little Extra was going to feature a tutorial by the fabby Jo which we hoped would inspire you to get creating. But poor Jo's been poorly all night and hasn't been able to upload it, so we'll just have to hang on a bit longer for that one - it'll be something to look forward to though. Hope you're feeling better really soon, Jo.

Tempting Template
In the meantime here's a card sketch for you to play with. Remember, you can twist, shrink, stretch and even turn it upside down - as long as we can find the basic plan in there use this sketch in whatever way you like.


I'm not one to use the freebie papers in magazines, but I really like this Blonde Moments paper, even though it is glossy. I cut two strips of heavily embossed watercolour paper and inked the edges in two colours of pink to tone with the papers. To tie in with the sketch, I cut into the design to overlap these two strips and then cut the top of the heart to tuck my tag underneath. The alpha stamps are from Stamps Away



Foiled
Hi all - Jo here to dare you this week. My dare this week is 'Foiled!' -I would like you to utilise some plain old aluminium (aluminum for our friends across the pond!) foil from your kitchen :). You can scrunch it, die cut it, emboss it, ink it, coil it, cover chipboard - or anything else that you choose!


I didn't want to use tin foil and was looking through my box when I came across this foiled paper from Kings I think. I've had it so long and have never used any of it so dusted it off for this dare. The hearts and the heart slider are cut with a Sizzix die. The chipboard swirl is an exclusive design from Bubbly Funk, the heart paper is embossed using a Cuttlebug folder. Both of these I've enhanced using metallic rub on paste in red and gold to tone.




As it's my 20th Wedding Anniversary in July, I may just save this for my DH, either that or mum dad can have it from the kids as it's their 50th in March.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin